Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Stuff with the Family...

We spent last weekend at Cherry Hill (Scary Hill)!
It was HOT.

It was relaxing and nice to get out of the house, enjoy the weather and do something fun with the little man. I've been trying to get lots done while Jarom's at work lately....so the minute he get's home we can do something with Jaxson.

Some nights I catch up on my TVO....and the boys play mario brothers...but I count that too, cuz Jaxson seems to like that just as much as anything on the planet:)

Jax was going through withdrawals and missing Jarom like crazy the last few weeks. He would freak out when Jarom left for work in the mornings and it broke my heart. I can't blame him....watching me lay around and get well wasn't too exciting for him.

So I've been cramming and making up for lost time:)
We started off with miniature golf....




-----

Like most little boys....he idealizes his Father.
We let him choose several fun activities he wanted to do after miniature golf...ONLY he didn't want to do any of them. THE ONLY thing he wanted was to WATCH his daddy hit baseballs.


Jarom usually does what Jaxson wants.
It's me that's the boring one.
Jarom spent the next 30 minutes in the batting cage sweating his guts out while Jaxson watched in awe! Jaxson was screaming "This is awesome! Take his head off dad! Wahoo!"
It made me laugh.

Take who's head off anyway????
Oh boy. He was excited to say the least.




So....jarom and I watched the funniest date of all time unfold before our eyes while we were there.
A couple (dating and in their early 30's-ish) were spending the day at Scary Hill for a Date.
After miniature golfing I saw them decide on climbing "THE ROCK". It's humungous and would scare the crap out of me to be honest. Anyhow...Jarom and I were watching Jaxson play in the ball pit and I got a front row seat to the entire awkwardness of it all!!! The poor, slightly overweight man on the date was harnassed in and desperately trying to climb this bloody rock wall. He was dripping in sweat and seriously could not get even 6 inches off the ground. It was awful. He kept trying and trying and trying...and sweating and sweating and blaming the rock:) My favorite part was when he ripped off his shoes and thought scaling the Huge thing in socks was the trick. Ummmm......Nope. He didn't make it even 3 inches off the ground on that attempt.

Jarom was dying!
He LOVES awkward situations and thinks they are hilarious.
I HATE awkward situations and want to run and hide.
I usually can't hide my emotions/feelings and they are pretty visible by taking one glance at my face:)

Jarom kepts saying "Why in the crap wouldn't you think of something you CAN DO if you are taking a girl on a date!!!"

I kept sticking up for him saying "It is probably a LOT harder than it looks! It take a lot of muscle to pull yourself up and balance, etc.!"

----

TO make matters worse....he gave up and decided to give his date a try. Now...this woman was far from "the picture of health" but she flew up that thing with a small boost on the rear end from her Date. He was pushing her butt up the rock with his hands....and you can only imagine Jarom's
commentary and "narrations" to the entire thing.

Jarom leans to me and says, "That poor man is thinking...screw humiliating myself moments ago....this is the best date idea ever!"

....as he is just hoisting her with both hands right on her cheeks and her underwear in his face:)

oooohhhhhhh.....I guess you had to be there.
F.U.N.N.Y.

---

You guessed it.
Jarom then had to prove to me he could conquer THE ROCK.


He climbed it Twice.
My big strong man.:) ha!
....and then admitted on our walk to the car that he couldn't feel or use his forearms for the remainder of the day....

ppppffffffff.

I guess it was a bit harder than it looked:)

-----
I am feeling great now! Thank goodness. It's been a while since I had any ability or motivation to leave the house. this week I haven't stopped.  My brother and sister-in-law took a three day weekend from Law School and are up visiting for our Big Halloween Party tomorrow night!

We took Jaxson to Black Island Farms for FHE and had a pizza party with a group of friends afterwards! It gave me an excuse to make an entire pan of pumpkin squares...so it was fun:)

----

We also had a FULL day yesterday...with TWO preschool Halloween Party's.
Costumes give kids ridiculous amounts of extra energy.
WOW.

It was fun day for them though:)

My little Superhero was in rare form.
He puts on the costume and warps into HYPER.
I love it though.

Something about those fake biceps makes me melt!


-----

Today he had play-group (one of the best inventions ever) and I got to drop him off to play with all the neighborhood boys while I cleaned and showered and read and relaxed for the morning.

His best bud Ben is upstairs playing the Wii with him at the moment....and I can hear them negotiating star power and who gets to be Luigi and all that jazz.
They just had macaroni and cheese and dirt cups with gummy worms for lunch.
I wish I had his life.

My little squirt
October 27th, 2011


Have a wonderful Halloween!!!

Love, Me

p.s. I am obsessed with the following shows this Fall:
Revenge
Grey's Anatomy
Biggest Loser
X-Factor
Modern Family
Dancing with the Stars
The New Girl
Glee
Up all Night


This is the first time I've watched TV in YEARS.

I can't believe what I've been missing!
Being lazy is glorious:)

Me

No comments: