Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Just Call Me...Mrs. Domestic!!!

I'm not sure what's up with me lately. I have found being DoMeStIc and crafty REALLY fulfilling lately, ha ha! I have hand-made so many Christmas gifts and am having the best time LeArNiNg new things and creating new projects:)

***

BEHOLD: My new Apron :)

I promised Jarom that I would cook dinner every night from now on because I JUST LOVE IT! It turned out great for my first attempt at a sewing project!

***

apron

I am definitely a beginner....and just broke out my sewing machine for the very first time last month! So--- all of you pros out there...DO NOT look too closely. I figured my machine had collected enough dust....and it's never too late to learning something new:)

***

I made a darling pillow for Jaxson's crib....and VARIOUS OTHER gifts that I cannot mention or my blog readers (a.k.a beloved family members) will know their surprise!!! I will post pictures after Christmas...because I am completely amazed that I was able to make something...anything...at all!

clear


me and kayla 1

YES....me and my sister Kayla mastered making POCKETS. Are you impressed???

I was pretty proud.

showing them off 1
It was a fun weekend project....and I will be finding reasons to bake in the coming months so I can justify wearing it around the house:)
***
....AND....
I will be HERE on Thursday afternoon. Oh...My...Gosh!
turtlebeach[1]
turtle[1]

67385-004-B1A06FC9[1]

I am:

Thankful (to my husband for surprising me)

Excited (to spend one-on-one time with him:)

Nervous (to leave my baby)

...and praying that my lips don't get sunburned again...

Our Last trip there I got soooo burnt! Trust me....I have pictures...and if I get brave enough I'll prove it and post them.

7 comments:

Tara and Andrew said...

that apron is SOOOOOO cute! I want the pattern! Great job...

tOyn fAmiLy said...

ok so cute... I cant stop looking at it! I want it! Great job! being domestic is so fun sometimes!! ha ha

Brittany said...

Cute aprons!!! You are quite domestic but I've always thought you were! You'll have to teach me how to make those...they're way cute!!!

Maranda said...

Those aprons are darling. I'm very proud of you...I would be lucky if I could even figure out how to use a sewing machine. Guess that's why I don't have one.

I am so excited for you to go to Hawaii! You guys are going to have a blast.

Hopefully we'll get to see you at the creighton dinner in Utah...that is as long as I don't get any news that freaks me out about traveling while pregnant.

The McClellan Family said...

You apron is cute! I have never worn an apron before I figure ah well I have spit up and baby snot on my clothes who cares if i get a little sugar and flour on them also but. . . I would definately wear your apron. I want one - how did you do it?`

Hickman Family said...

Very Very Cute! You are very creative, you should sell them. Have fun in Hawaii, it is beautiful over there!

Elyse said...

That is the cutest apron I've ever seen! Love the colors! I wish I had any kind of sewing talent so I could make one. I'm sure everyone will love your gifts!