Sunday, August 19, 2007

Kansas City Missouri!

This weekend was a lot of fun...A LOT OF WORK...but a lot of fun too:) We went on a mini-vacation to Kansas City and took Jaxson to Oceans of Fun...a big waterpark. Of course, parenthood has changed a few things!!! First, you have to know....Jarom and I LOVE waterparks and have traveled to one's in San Diego, Hawaii, etc. We figured that we simply had to experience "OCEANS OF FUN" before moving away from Omaha. It was quite different than any other trip! This was the first time we "watched" others race down slides....while we tried to coerce jaxson into enjoying a lifejacket and the splashing of other excited visitors! He is becoming quite the water-baby though....and after that experience....LOVES to go swimming:)
"all ready to go..."
"This better be fun...AND worth the drive!"
Here they are...just before trying the wave pool!

I have to admit...I was SO proud of him. Jaxson was such a good sport and went the entire day just playing, laughing and enjoying the water...without a NAP! He is so easy-going...must be just like his daddy!


Be kind when viewing...remember this pic was taken after HOURS at a waterpark with a 5 month old. At this point I was ready for a nap...and a break, but still having so much fun with my boys!
I wish I could have captured the "smile" on jaxson's face during the waves and the splashing. He was gut-laughing and when he got splashed in the face he would just swallow it...catch his breath...and bust out giggling. I was a nervous wreck at first, but after I realized how much more he liked it when it was wild...I relaxed and went with it! (I probably relaxed a bit too much...because when the day was over and we got to the car jaxson was spitting up chlorine water, YIKES!)
Trying for the 5th time to get him down for a nap! I guess I can't blame him...he was completely over-stimulated....and LOVING IT!

Naked baby....I made this hooded towel for him and it's sooo soft. He loved snuggling with it! Afterward we changed and went to dinner with Brittany and Bryce who came with us to enjoy the day!

We survived "oceans of fun" with a 5 month old! (and we decided we're going back after hiring a babysitter for the day:) Jaxson is the highlight of our life...but we both turn into children at waterparks....and can't wait to experience attractions OTHER than the lazy river....:)
oh-and thanks to our wonderful friends Brittany and Bryce who came with and tended him ...we were able to spend some time together alone:) Thanks guys...we owe you!
Funny story about the ride there: Ok-on the drive to Missouri I had to pee really bad! We were in a remote area and Jarom got off the nearest exit but we didn't see anything! I was starting to panic....and we randomly found a pizza hut and a building with a sign on the side that said "convenient store". Jarom pulled into the pizza hut lot and I jumped out and started running. The building had a side door and I started toward it. At this point...two truckers were parked in the pizza hut lot just watching the entire situation unfold! Well-I approached the door and tried to open it but it was locked...at that moment I noticed a sign that said "must be 21 to enter". Well out here in Omaha I'm used to seeing things of this nature...so I figured it must be a bar or something. I ran around to the front of the building and just before entering I looked up and read the sign. It read: "GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS! LIVE NUDE SHOW...Come on in!"
I about died of shock. I went running back to the car and jumped in...screaming at Jarom. I was so embarrassed and as Jarom and I drove away I said, "those truckers are probably wondering what on earth is going on!" Jarom turned to me and said..."oh honey, they probably just figured you were late to work!!!" He is such a dork...but I love him. Thought you'd get a good laugh.
p.s. it was like 10:00 a.m. In a city without even a gas station....who would be at a nudy bar for breakfast?:) It's a crazy world!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristin Bishop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chelsea said...

hey, I just noticed you deleted all of the comments- I hope you didn't take offense- In no way was I trying to be rude!...sorry if it came off that way. I was laughing here and thought you would be laughing too...

*Harmony* said...

Oh Kristin.......i could just see you doing that......thats so funny.....Jaxson looks like he had a blast at Oceans of Fun....I can't wait til you and Jarom get to go together and go on everything......

Simkins said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I can't believe how much jaxson looks like jarom. It seems the bigger he gets the more of jarom I see in him! Its so fun that you guys are able to go and do fun stuff while you are out there. It is also exciting that you are almost at the end as well. Let us know when you'll be in town!!

The Wells Family said...

Where did you get all your fun swimsuits? I am having a crazy time (and it is already August!) trying to find a good swimsuit. Help?

Ginger said...

Kristin- I hope you don't mind that I check out your blog once in a while... it's me, Ginger!! You look so cute, I just have to let you know I absolutely LOVE your swimming suit with the bright blue stripe. You look so cute and your baby is cutie pie too. Tyler and I have a blog but I just started it yesterday so if you ever want to check it out I will get some pics uploaded soon. Talk to you laters!