Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ramblings...

This is the first post in which I don't have a picture...not that one is required...but I prefer to have one for some odd reason! ha! I just use this blog as a journal pretty much and have a lot on my mind! I guess it would be worth spending the $1.98 at Walmart and buying a notebook...
I am so excited tonight because Jarom starts school tomorrow. Wierd...I know. But for some reason the excitement for "the big first day" has never gone away...even when it's not me going to school! I am also naturally excited because this is the last "first day" jarom will ever have. After going to school for what seems forever (and it has been our entire relationship) we will finally have finished. I say WE, becuause after grad school it DOES feel like it has taken EVERYONE in the family to get through it. It is bittersweet...I have to say. I am scared to be done and find a real job, a new home, and leave this life behind. We have purposely set up his schedule this year so that we can spend the maximum amount of time together....and I love it that way. I would be with him all the time if possible! He only has a class from 9-10 on MWF and so we are planning many fun activities with jaxson for the afternoons. Jarom is finally a 3rd year law student....and being a 3rd year is MUCH easier than the first two years. I remember being so jealous when we moved in of all the 3rd years....because I knew it would be a long long road before I made it there. AND HERE WE ARE~ Life goes by way too fast.
We blinked our eyes and now have a baby...are almost done with law school...and much much different people than when we began this journey. Needless to say...I am so grateful tonight for jar and for his dedication and hard work the past few years. He's much smarter than I...and I have witnessed more studying than I would have ever survived. I am so grateful that he did this for me...and for our little family:)
I am also super excited to come to Utah the end of this month to throw Kayla a bridal shower. I love seeing my family and can't begin to tell you how excited I am for them to see Jaxson:) He is so cute right now, but that's a whole different story! I am also excited for jarom to go to Washinton DC this weekend. His dad called us last week and told us that Congress was having a softball tournament...and the Bishops get pretty serious when it come to anything baseball. His dad REALLY wanted to win so he has offered to fly us all (all his kids) to Washington DC to participate in the big game. I have decided to stay home...because traveling that distance with jaxson would be trying on my patience...but I am happy that jarom and his brothers are all going! I sure hope they win!!!
Anyhow...enough of my ramblings:) Life is good right now...I am so happy to have my husband and my little boy...and I am trying so hard to enjoy this last 9 months of school to fullest~ Good Luck honey:)

3 comments:

The Wells Family said...

I am jealous! My husband starts his first day as a first year law student tomorrow! Rob and I have also only known school in our entire married life. It is great, isn't it? :) Pam is my sister so I often read your blog when I read hers. I love reading yours because I can relate so much. I too have a little boy who is almost exactly one year older than Jaxon. Don't you just love boys???

Deb Thompson-Wells

The Wells Family said...

Thanks for the advice! We are actually at U of U for this year - which really is good in the long run. Rob has most of his schooling paid for through a scholarship, which is so great! However, we were bummed when we didn't get into Duke, where we were wait-listed. I think we will try to transfer next year. We really want to enjoy a new environment outside of Utah.

Annie said...

Good for Jarom! That is so exciting! I had no idea that he has been going to law school. He must be an incredibly hard worker and you must be incredibly supportive! Good luck with all of the changes!