Thursday, July 19, 2007

What a goofball!

Jaxsons magic trick....
Pondering: "How can I get out of my bumbo....?"
"aaaghhh...I have an idea!"
"I've just got to put my arms into it....gain some momentum..." and GO!
Jaxson is so hilarious. Yesterday I was giving him time in his bumbo seat...which he likes but is always trying to get out. Well...now that he's a little bit more coordinated and mobile....he figured it out! I couldn't believe it. I thought he was going to flip out if it backwards. Of course, I wouldn't have caught him in time...because as you can tell I was holding the camera and laughing my butt off. Just the looks on his face....I knew what he was thinking and couldn't believe that at 4 months they can be that smart! It's hilarious to find out they are smarter than we think....He also had a really big day yesterday.....HE ROLLED OVER! I was so excited. Jarom brought him to my work in the evening to eat...and I put him down for tummy time. Before I knew it he leaned over and balanced on his side for a minute, smiled....and rolled to his back. I was sooooo excited. And all my students were standing around him in a circle cheering him on! It was a great moment! I am even more lucky that he did it on my break at work...so I didn't miss it! He's hilarious these days....I've found some things out about him this week: 1-He's terrified of the ice-maker on our fridge... and my blow dryer:), 2- He absolutely HATES tummy time, 3- He knows exactly how to get my attention (he fake coughs because he knows I am paranoid about choking),4-He hates laying down...always has to be sitting up on his bottom even though he can't balance and nose dives it, 5- He chews on everything!, 6- He LOVES his dad and can recognize him and smile (and his eyes light up) when he get's home from work, 7- He talks back to me amd makes the cutest sounds, 8- His hair is falling out AGAIN (this makes 3 times), 9- He loves to go on rides in his jogging stroller and be outside, 10- he likes the song, "I am like a star" while riding in the car! (pretty much the only thing that will take his mind off of being in a carseat!) I am loving being a mom more than anything.
p.s. (I bought some rice cereal...so I'm slowly making steps in that direction....but I still refuse to give it to him) :)

1 comment:

Tegan said...

Kristin he is so dang cute!! And you dress him so cute as well. He looks like such a happy little baby. And don't worry about the rice cereal!! Peyton was eating it at 3 months old and was on jar food at 5!! She started so so early.