Thursday, October 29, 2009

...to prove we KNOW it's Fall...

IMG_7760


We've been a tad bit busy this season.


Example:

I knew it was October...

--- BUT ----


I was just informed that Halloween is in 48 hours......
approximately 24 hours ago:)

---


Good thing I purchased Jaxson's costume 3 months ago when life was simple and I had nothing better to do than dream of dressing him up. Oh...those were the days:)


---


He MAY get to go trick or treating if we're lucky....

and can stain an entire staircase at the speed of light:)


(yes- I will be devastated if this occurs, but unfortunately it is my reality)


----


We have not participated in A SINGLE FALL activity this year...which is so unlike me.

So today between errands...we made a pitstop.


---


I had 30 minutes to spare...

so I left my phone in the car and we picked some pumpkins for carving!


---


(I just realized while typing this post...that finding time to CARVE them may be yet another dilemma:)
The good news:
He found the perfect one!
IMG_7784


---

...and even though he was sick with a slight temperature, running nose and extremely tired...

He was instantly in heaven!

He was so happy to spend time with me...it made me bawl like a baby for a good 15 minutes.

(this was a nice moment...because he spent the majority of the day begging for my good friend and his babysitter MARCIE:)

It also made me realize something.

A child ONLY needs love and attention:)

He doesn't need a nice house, new toys, or darling apparrel. He doesn't care about anything but quality time and attention!

I've thought hard about working or pursuing several "hobbies" of mine after we move and finally get settled. However, I decided this afternoon that JAXSON and MOTHERHOOD will be my full-time job and most favorite hobby.

He is such a goofball (as you can see) and I am proud to be his mama:)

IMG_7775

---

He kept saying

"THANKS SO MUCH MOM! LET'S GET DADDY ONE TOO, OK!"

"OH MY GOODNESS...OH MY GOODNESS!"

IMG_7763

---

IMG_7779


IMG_7765

There was our one and only FALL outing!

---

He loved it...I documented it...

and this is proof we "KNOW" it's Fall:)

(and that Fall 2009 actually happened)

IMG_7792
(Oh---how I miss taking pictures and spending afternoons with my hysterical 2 year old)
---
WINTER IS GOING TO AWESOME
(this is my attempt at being optimistic)

No comments: