This post is entirely dedicated to you babe!
(I love how nauseated and completely disgusted you get when people call each other pet names....especially babe or baby)....so that one's just for you:)
I am extremely proud of you and thrilled that you Passed the Utah Bar ! What a journey!?! I know how anxious and nervous you were to receive the most anticipated "letter" of our lives....and I just want you to know that seeing your grin yesterday when you opened it made it ALL worth it for me. (Do you know that you bite your bottom lip EVERY time you are happy but trying desperately not to smile ...and I love it). I know we have discussed COUNTLESS times in the past 4.5 years of our 5 year marriage if THIS journey was worth it. Often times we weren't so sure.
Instantly it was ALL worth it.
(p.s. please remind me honey, on Oct. 1st when our first Loan Payment is due...to refer back to this post:)
AND BY ALL I MEAN :
* working overtime to afford all the text books for you to even START studying for the LSAT admissions test:)
* Spending every Saturday of our entire first year of marriage, timing you with a stopwatch while you took 4 hour Practice LSAT's over and over:)
* Being completely sick the day you took the LSAT (it should have just been me for how nervous I was)!
* Helping fill out applications to over 30 Law schools...and paying ALL of them even though I didn't want to:)
*Flying to check out the schools/cities...traumatized at the thought of having a baby "away"
*Selecting a school...holy crap, that was hard.
*Moving away from my family and home...next to impossible.
*Three years of no sleep, piles and piles of books and reading you flashcards because I BEGGED to help you, even though I know it was more of a pain:) That short description of what they call "law school" doesn't do it justice.
* Working full-time to support us while you studied.
* Working AFTER I had our son to keep us from being in debt up to our eyeballs....even though I cried NIGHTLY as I kissed him goodbye.
* Standing by you throughout at least 200 interviews
* Letting you eat completely disgusting and unhealthy amounts of Little Caesars pizza and Mountain Dew during every "Finals Month" without nagging:) That was so much harder for me than you think. seriously.
* Moving across the country TWICE
* Encouraging you to study each night for the bar instead of spend time with us...even though my heart hurt for how much I wanted you to burn ALL the books and pretend it was over:)
ALL of these things that I complained about over the past 4.5 year journey.... became worth it. Immediately. I still have moments when I feel like "this" choice was a REALLY HARD choice. That certain parts of our life would have most certainly been easier, less stressful or more cheerful (let's add less expensive to that list too).
BUT...man was it rewarding for ME....(the person who has stood helplessly by your side throughout, wishing I could take away the pressure or stress, yet always unable to help) to watch you experience the END. It's finally over and you did it.
I feel as though I have gone through law school myself the last few years...living and breathing EVERY SINGLE test day, interview, exam, project, paper...right along side you.
Come to think of it....they should totally send me a diploma. And while their at it...they can address one to my list of FOREVER BEST FRIENDS who know exactly what I'm talking about... for they have either lived it....or ARE living it right now:)
10- and all others!
Go Jarom. I love yer guts....AND
Thank you...for doing it all...for us.
Kris and Jax