Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just for fun!

It just hit me today how much my jaxson looks like Jarom! He was playing on my bed and I couldn't believe how much he looks like and acts like his dad. I LOVE IT!

He was talking about something in this one...I couldn't quite understand....one of these days I'll learn jibberish!

He is also...VERY camera shy. He will just grin and grin and the second he sees the camera he pulls a wierd face! That explains this one....
There it is! A half smile anyways!
Today he has been such a little stinker! When jaxson was first born I was careful to avoid anything he would become too attached to....so I didn't have to deal with the habit later! Well....we don't give him binkies, I don't nurse him to sleep, we don't let him sleep with us, etc. BUT...I did let him sleep in his swing because of his reflux. OH MY GOODNESS! Breaking him of sleeping in that thing is going to kill me. Today....I put him in his big boy crib...and he scream non-stop for 45 minutes. I (to conduct a little test) picked him up and put him in his swing (not moving or anything...). Well..it took 2 seconds and he was sound asleep! The pediatrician said I have to stick with it....and never give in! She also said it would probably take 3 days. I'm ready to hire her and let her come over and reverse what I've done!

1 comment:

Simkins said...

Kristin,
Owen had the exact same problem. We had to do the whole just let him scream thing. The first day you do it it is horrible and Owen cried for almost an hour everytime we put him in the crib, and if he woke up at all in the night he would do the same thing. The second night it was about half the crying, and by the third night he went right to sleep for his naps, and at bed time and has slept through the night and for like 2 hours for his naps since. Its hard to do but worth it!! Jaxson seems like he is getting big so fast. He looks like a little boy now instead of a baby. Hope things are going well for you guys. Call me sometime so we can catch up!!!