Monday, January 28, 2008

FOOD....

Who doesn't love a sunday evening treat?!? I have made a bad (or good ) depending on how you look at it, HABIT of bakind some kind of treat every Sunday evening and watching "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" with Jarom! This week I gave Jaxson a cup of Chocolate Pudding for his Sunday evening treat...and he thought I was in heaven. He gobbled it up in two minutes flat. He scream and scream when it was gone....similar to the "rootbeer float" incident. He loves food.....


Last week (and after the rootbeer float incident) I decided that jaxson was definitely in need of some "real food" in his diet. I have been Super hesitant because I have the WORST phobia of choking. I use the word PHOBIA....not fear, or nervousness or worry....because it actually will cause me to physically panic and be sick if I think someone is choking or that a child is ABOUT to choke. This makes for some pretty uncomfortable and embarrassing times when I freak in a restaurant and gasp (plug my ears...and hum a song) when an irresponsible parent hands their infant a GIANT piece of adult food. Anyhow....MY "condition...as I call it....ha ha" is so serious that I have failed to ever let jaxson try anything but baby food...until this week. Although it's not something that most people are proud of... everyday I feel like I've accomplished something huge or conquered my worst fear if I let him eat something solid!!!! I would honestly rather swim in a shark infested pool than feed my child a hot dog! Crazy I know. ~~~So, I went to the store and stocked my house with graham crackers, saltines, little jello and pudding packs, and all sorts of "real food" that I thought jaxson would like. HE IS LOVING LIFE, let me tell you! He ate mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed carrots, rolls and the whole Sunday dinner with us yesterday....no baby food at all! I even gave him a chocolate pudding cup for dessert. It has actually been so much fun watching him learn to feed himself and enjoy all these new things. Just proves how much FUN any little part of parenting can be:)


p.s. HE LOVES TO EAT WHEAT BREAD...EVEN THE CRUST! He would eat a whole loaf if I let him. I thought that was so funny.

No comments: