Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our "Fake" Christmas Morning:)

We fly to Utah on Friday for Christmas and I cannot wait! YAY! It will be so much fun to see my family and let them see how much my little man has grown. He has changed so much just since my mom came to visit in October! My mom already has so many plans for our Christmas Break, which always make it more fun! We are going to dinner and temple square on Friday evening, a Christmas play on Saturday and we have PLENTY of traditions with both the Forsyths and the Bishops for Christmas Eve. Throw all that in with a little sledding or tubing behind the four-wheelers and as much Honey Baked Ham as I can hold....and Wahlah....a Perfect Christmas Break:)
Because we are flying to Utah on Christmas and I could not bring all of the toys and Gigantic things babies get....we decided to have our OWN little Christmas morning and open the gifts that were TOO BIG for a suitcase:) It was fun to start little traditions and spend some time with my boys.
We started out by making Christmas cookies to leave out for Santa...(or Mrs. Clause). Jaxson stayed up late helping me frost them and get them ready.

Jaxson was enjoying it...and I even let him taste the frosting which is a HUGE step for me:)
For not being Christmas yet...I think he got kind of spoiled. Whoops. We totally over-did it. But....how fun is it to have a baby, really? Shopping for Christmas was the funnest thing ever. I did save all the small things and clothes to give him on the real day!
(Fake) Christmas morning! It was great...because I am lucky enough to have a husband that goes along with my "Crazy little Plans". He even leaned over to me this morning and whispered...."Happy Fake Christmas TO YOU!" before I even got out of bed. I made him video jaxson opening his presents and the whole bit. It was a great morning. Jaxson seemed to love all his new toys. I got him a huge toy box or tote to put in his room! Below are some pictures of him in action...Enjoy! (There are SEVERAL:)
My farm set...
Checking out the stash.....
Farm truck and animals....
THE CUTEST TOY OF ALL! I loved this little baseball game because Jarom is so obsessed with baseball and wants Jaxson to LOVE it too. He can use the little bat to hit the ball around and around and it says things like..."It's OUTTA here!" or "Home Run!". SO darling.

My little tikes tool set....
My new walking toy! My little lawn mower...
Testing it out. Still a little bit wobbly....
Putting together my new car! This toy is also a favorite. It does a million things. It can stand still, rock, has wheels for him to push himself along, and it has a handle so I can push him on walks or zoom him around the house. Probably the favorite of the day!
Testing out the HORN!

Is this not the goofiest picture ever? I laughed and laughed. I could not get him to smile. Here he is with his loot. Looks like Santa made a pretty good size drop...for it being "Fake Christmas" and all.
We then made Christmas morning breakfast. Belgian Waffles (my favorite) and Hot Chocolate.

Aren't these the cutest? Little Snowman Marshmallows...just like peeps at Easter. So fun.
Jaxson thought they were pretty great.


Merry Christmas Everyone!

Sorry about all of the pictures! How on earth can you decide when it is your childs first "Fake Christmas"? Plus....my mom has been begging to see them!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Merry "Fake" Christmas Jaxson!!! It looks like Santa found you and then he came back and dropped off more and more and more!:) Sounds like you guys had a fun morning! I love Christmas!

Laci said...

Ok Its true you offically have ocd :) Check out those toys lined up in every picture. Ive never seen such a clean christmas! We have wrapping paper and toys everywhere at my hose..Good Job. And how fun to have 2 and get to celebrate all over again!

Suzanne said...

That is too funny! he had the gang of toys! HOLY GEEZ!!! jonathan has that exact same baseball toy! you are so creative! i would've never thought to do a "Fake Christmas Morning" if i had to leave to go somewhere. and that car toy...i was gut laughing when i seen him in it! i hope you guys have a merry christmas and a safe trip to utah and back! HO HO HO...MEEEEEEEEERRY CHRISTMAS!

The Johnsons said...

How fun! I wondered how you were supposed to do things when you were not going to be at home on Christmas. I hope you guys have fun at home. Merry Christmas!

Brooke said...

What a cute Mom you are! Setting the bar high for a first Christmas...fun, fun pictures! Kids make Christmas...enjoy it the second time around, as well!(smile) Happy Holidays!

Allyson said...

So happy! Merry Christmas whether it be real or fake! I think we should all ban together and have it twice a year! Some little kid at my school told me this quote and I agreed, "Christmas is the time of year when magic is draped all over the world and everyone is a little bit more cheerful, giving, and happy." Good work!

Tegan said...

I hope you had a great "real" Christmas too. Your fake one looks like you guys had a great time. And Jaxson looks so happy. Wow he got a lot of stuff!! Peyton's Christmas last year was like that. It was so fun to buy I couldn't stop. This year Joel kept an eye on me to make sure I didn't let it get out of hand!! lol